Monday, March 9, 2009

Okara Waffles - Waffles with Soy Pulp

I got more Okara today, yeah! This recipe is based on the waffle recipe from Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book. I added Okara, took part of flour and milk out.


What I used:
  • 1 cups wholewheat flour
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup soy milk
  • 1/2 cup cooking oil
  • 1 cup Okara (Soy Pulp)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions:
  1. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl; set aside
  2. In another bowl beat eggs slightly; stir in soy milk, cooking oil, Okara, and vanilla. Mix well.
  3. Add egg mixture all at once to the flour mixture. Stir just until moistened. (batter should be slightly lumpy).
  4. Pour 1 to 1 1/4 cups of batter onto grids of a preheated, lightly greased waffle baker. Close lid quickly; do not open until done. Bake according to manufacturer's directions.
It will take a couple of minutes longer to bake than regular waffles.

Please leave me a comment and tell me how you liked the recipe! Please try out my other Okara Recipes also!