Monday, February 2, 2009

Soba Salad with Sesame Dressing!

I am making a Soba Salad today with left over boiled Soba from yesterday. I love eating Soba as a salad with crunchy veggies!

What I used:
  • 1 cup boiled Soba noodles
  • 1/4 cup halved grape tomates
  • 1/4 cup sliced red radishes
  • 1/4 cup chopped English cucumber (English cucumbers are cruncher than regular cucumbers)
  • 1/4 cup mung bean sprouts
  • 1/4 cup sprouted seeds (I used clover sprouts today)
  • 2 tablespoons of chopped green onions
Recently I started to pour boiling hot water over any sprouts to kill bad germs on it for in case. Sprouts still taste fresh and crunchy this way.

Mix all the ingredients together and eat them with your favorite dressing! Here is how to make my personal favorite - Sesame dressing!


What I used for Sesame dressing:

  • 2 tablespoons of Sesame seeds (I used hulled white sesame seeds)
  • 1 tablespoon of olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons of Soy Sauce
  • 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
  • 1/4 teaspoon of Wasabi powder

Mix Sesame seeds and olive oil in a food processor until Sesame seeds are chopped into small pieces. Put the rest of the ingredients and mix them till the mixture is creamy.


Enjoy!