Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Okara Chicken Nuggets with Teriyaki Sauce

I made soy milk today again. So I got more fresh Okara today again. Last Okara dish I tried was a disaster, but I decided to keep experimenting every time I get Okara. Today's experiment actually turned out pretty good!


What I used:
  • 1 cup of Okara (Soy Pulp from Soymilk)
  • 1 cup of ground Chicken
  • 1/2 tablespoon of cornstarch
  • 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • pinch of black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon of olive oil
1. Mix all the ingredients together well.

2. Pour the 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a large skillet. Preheat over medium-high heat. Drop the mixture on to the skillet using dinner spoon. (about the size and shape of chicken nuggets)

3. Cook them for about 5 minutes, turn them halfway to brown both sides evenly.

4. When both sides of nuggets are browned, pour well mixed teriyaki sauce ingredients below in to the skillet. Cook and stir until bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minitues more.

Teriyaki Sauce: For the teriyaki sauce I actually used 1/3 cup of left over Sobatsuyu with 1/2 tablespoon of cornstarch, but if you don't have it you can use these ingredients:
  • 2 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoon water
  • 2 tablespoon sake (optional)
  • 1/2 tablespoon of cornstarch
Please leave me a comment and tell me how you liked the recipe! Please try out my other Okara Recipes also!