Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Best Homemade Soymilk!

Soymilk Recipe! I finally did it. I've been thinking about trying for a long time, but wasn't sure if it was worth it to actually make homemade soymilk. It turned out to be pretty easy, and the end result was AMAZING! Try it out!

You will need:
  • 1/2 cup Soy Beans
  • 2 tablespoons Brown Rice
  • 2 tablespoons Steel Cut Oat
  • 2 cups Water
  • 64 ounces Water
  • 1/8 teaspoon Cinnamon
  • a pinch of Clove
  • a pinch of Nutmeg
  • 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon Salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
1. Mix Soy Beans, Brown Rice, and Steel Cut Oat in a small bowl. Wash & drain. Add 2 cups of water and soak them overnight.

2. Put the mixture in a food processor and blend till it becomes creamy.

3. Boil 64 oz of water in a big pot and put the creamy soy mix in, let it simmer for 30 to 40 minutes.

4. Add rest of the ingredients and strain.

You now have 64 oz of Homemade Soymilk!

Believe me, it does not taste like eggnog. If you want "easy" soymilk, you can just use soy and water. Just experiment. The spices just lightly musk the beany taste. I tried cheesecloth to strain the milk, but it didn't work so well. If you don't mind some soy bits in your milk, you can just use a fine metal strainer and it works fine. It is a lot cheaper than store bought soymilk even with all organic ingredients and I think it taste better! Let me know what you think!

* I had to update the amount of sugar after many complaints from my daughter and husband. I guess not everybody likes to taste the beans....