Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hummus with Olives!

Hummus Recipe! I love hummus! I went to Egypt last year and ate hummus for breakfast, lunch, and for dinner for 10 days and still didn't get tired of them. Actually, I started making my own after the trip. Here is my basic hummus recipe. Please enjoy!

You will need:
  • 1 can of garbanzo beans (or 1/2 cup of dried garbanzo beans soaked overnight and cooked for 1 1/2 hour)
  • 3 to 4 gloves of garlic
  • 10 to 12 olives (Spanish olives, kalamata olives, garlic stuffed olives, any type of olives!)
  • 2 tablespoons of olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
  • 1/4 teaspoon of cumin
  • 1/8 teaspoon of paprika
  • 1/8 teaspoon of salt

1. Put all the ingredients in a food processor and blend them until they are creamy!

That's it!

You can add more olives if you like Tapenade; add more cumin and paprika if you like spicy hummus. Experiment and have fun! Check out my Pita Bread Recipe also. Homemade hummus with homemade pita breads....yum!